The responsive websites are getting very popular these days and with the increased usage of these sites, the responsive designs are prevalent in use. Ever thought why a wide range of website designing and development companies are opting for responsive website designing?
Usually, there is a wide range of audiences who are using different types of mobile devices like the tablets and Smart phones for accessing different websites. These mobile devices would naturally have different screen size and thus in order to respond better way responsive website designs have been introduced. There are a number of responsive design options that can help you in attaining your business goals and among them, the two latest technologies are- Bootstrap (v3.2) and Foundation (v5.3).
According to a website development company, both the front-end technologies have their own unique positive features and this lead them as one of the successful responsive design platforms. So, let us have a brief discussion on some of the common features between both the frameworks and find out which is better to opt for-
Here are the five best features of both Bootstrap and Foundation:
- Grid System:Grid system is the most important component of front-end framework. Being the core feature, it enables the designers as well as developers to prototype the layouts as well as make quick changes with confidence. The foundation framework has been slightly ahead as it was the first big framework to go responsive. On the contrary, the Bootstrap also have this feature, but the syntax of creating these grids are a little bit different. Also, it is easy to create the equivalent code snippets that do the same thing in both the frameworks.
- Customization:This is an ability for customizing the appearance of each framework as stated through their names. The Bootstrap tries to offer you everything that you need to get a site up as well as running quickly whereas the Foundation offers you a better environment for customization. The Bootstrap look adds up a theme or adds up a custom style and then its look starts to fade. Similarly, the Foundation look feels close to the browser defaults in some of the cases that make it easier to get mould into a unique aesthetic.
- Sizing Units:The sizing in both the frameworks differ. For calculating widths, typography or anything else, the Bootstrap framework uses pixels while the Foundation framework uses rems. Even though, there are functional differences between these two units, both usually produces the same results. It can be considered as personal preference of the designer or developer.Read Also: Why You Should Rely On Illustration For The Design of Your Website
- Features And Components:Both the frameworks appear as equal at first sight as they have a similar list of pre-built components, but still there are some slight differences that can help in making a right decision. The Foundation framework has built-in form validation while the Bootstrap does not have a strong form validation system. Talking about Bootstrap framework, the components at the default look usually seem to more suited for quickly building a one-off website as well as adding a specific theme. The Foundation has a robust solution for the responsive images while Bootstrap includes the responsive embeds feature.
- Final Words:The Bootstrap and Foundation, both frameworks have the best quality browser support and performance and are highly dependent in some of the main contexts. Foundation has slightly more robust grid system while Bootstrap is used when there is a need to develop the quick site without much customization.
Thus, The conclusion of both the frameworks whether bootstrap or foundation both have their own individual features that make it worth to use as per the requirements and condition of the users that which framework is suitable and better for the work.